Block DX Setup¶
Block DX is the fastest, most secure, most reliable, and most decentralized exchange. With a user-friendly UI, peer-to-peer trading is made as simple as using a centralized exchange. The following guides will take you through each step, start to finish, so you can begin trading securely.
- Install the Blocknet wallet. The Blocknet wallet is required to facilitate peer-to-peer trading on Block DX.
- Since Block DX is non-custodial, you'll need to store the
digital assets you want to
trade in your own wallet. One convenient option is to store them in your own XLite wallet, a
noncustodial, lightweight, decentralized, multi-asset wallet
powered by Blocknet. However, if XLite doesn't support the assets you
want to trade, or if you simply prefer not to use XLite for some
assets, then you'll need to install the native wallets of those assets.
- Note: These native wallets are the native Qt/cli wallets released by each asset's respective project, which you may already have installed. Block DX does not generate wallets for you.
- View compatible digital assets and wallet versions
- Install Block DX. This is a desktop dApp and not supported in-browser.
- Complete the configuration wizard.
- Begin secure trading!
If you encounter issues, please join Blocknet's Discord and ask a question in the #support channel.
Warning: Beware of scams
Be cautious of users sending you private messages on Discord to help with troubleshooting, even if they claim to be team members. Scammers will often prey on those having issues and offer help in an attempt to steal funds. This is usually done by impersonating team members.